Juan Mendes will be our speaker on the topic of Sencha Technologies (http://sencha.com). Sencha is one of the most comprehensive set of tools, frameworks and web technologies.
Here are the segments of the talk, each will be around 15 minutes…
- Intro to EXT-JS : Talk about Ext.onReady, Ext.Viewport, generating widgets with JSON and xtypes, show the online API, show the online examples, how to use the forum/stack overflow to get questions answered.
- Understanding Ext.Component architecture
- Layout Managers: BorderLayout, AnchorLayout, CardLayout, TabPanel and others.
- GridPanel: Explain the architecture of a Ext.grid.GridPanel: Ext.data.Store, Ext.data.Reader and subclasses, Ext.data.Proxy and subclasses.
- Intro to creating testable/reusable Ext-JS code: An overall explanation of ExtJs widgets and how to extend them for use in your application. This includes: which class should I extend? Should I create a plugin, subclass, factory method?
- Questions and Answers: stump the expert 🙂
When: 7:30pm, June 14th, 2011
7:30-7:45 – Announcements, Member intros
7:45-8:30 – Topic and Discussion
8:30-9:00 – The usual networking and geek tech talk
Follow @RefreshSD on Twitter for the latest Refresh updates as well as joining our email newsletter announcements.